compiling kernels - built in v module

Howard Lowndes lannet at lannet.com.au
Sat Feb 2 18:59:10 EST 2002

I have to agree with this idea unless you have a peculiar situation
(embedded Linux comes to mind.

One caveat though is that if you need modules during boot, such as SCSI or
RAID, then you will need to understand about initrd in order to have them
available during boot.

--
Howard.
LANNet Computing Associates - Your Linux people