vim cut&paste on RH8.0

Simon Burton simonb at webone.com.au
Mon Dec 30 16:06:12 EST 2002

Hi all,

  It's ironic that supposedly RedHat has been able to finally have
cut and paste working between different apps (have you heard this? i have)
and yet, i can no longer cut&paste in/out of my vim :(
  I used to be able to use the X clipboard: y'know, select and middle mouse and
all that, but now vim seems to have it's own cut buffer; when i middle mouse in
a vim it pastes what was in the yank buffer.
  Should I downgrade my vim, or is it an X thing, or a wm thing? Any ideas appreciated.

Simon.