debian mirror on webone

Rohan Mitchell rohan.mitchell at linuxmail.org
Tue Dec 24 10:55:39 EST 2002

Data from TransACT <-> ADSL within webone is charged as designated local, and is charged at 20% of normal rates. WebOne's reason for this was that the link between the two was owned and charged for by someone else.
If webone setup a debian mirror, i'm sure they'd be capable of making it free for everyone, whether they'd be willing is another issue...
The other option is to try and engineer an apt-share system that spreads the bandwidth usage of apt out across all the users in the network, kinda like an automated file-sharing system. This would be limited to around 10k/s in most cases because of the upload speed of the sender.

Rohan