T1fonts-update advice

Felix Karpfen felixk at webone.com.au
Sun Dec 22 06:44:55 EST 2002

My attempts to update the supplied T1lib package from source has come to
grief in an odd way.  While this may not be the appropriate forum in
which to air the issue, I am sending it in the hope that I will be
pointed to an appropriate <newsgroup|list>.

The problem is:

1) the install is quite routine and went without a hitch;
2) running the test program "xglyph" from the compiled directory - prior
   to the install - worked perfectly;
3) running "xglyph" after the install and setting up the runtime files
   as directed gave the following:

 [felixk at eureka felixk]$ xglyph
 Initialization of t1lib failed (T1_errno=0)!

So  <the syntax | the permissions> of my "runtime" files contain an
error.  Given that the files are very simple and the instructions for
setting them up very full, the outcome of my attempts to follow the
instructions is both puzzling and discouraging.

Felix Karpfen

--
Felix Karpfen
felixk at webone.com.au