Open Source Briefing - Report & THANKS

Stephen Peilschmidt stephen.peilschmidt at sfp.com.au
Fri Dec 20 20:40:33 EST 2002

Steve and others,

Sorry I did not think of it before the December 2002 issue of APC pp118 -
124 covered the Lure of Linux and mentioned Australias biggest linux rollout
ever for the Northern Territory Dept of Education - deploying 192 Red Hat
servers throughout the NT - supporting 7000 Windows based computers. The
money saved was the compelling reason - enabled them to buy a further 1000
workstations.

Might be compelling also for the ACT Government.

If you need a copy email me - I will be away for a couple of weeks though.

Regards