Determining far IP address of NAT/ROUTER

Aaron Smith - Sun Microsystems - Canberra Aaron.Smith at Sun.COM
Wed Dec 18 10:15:01 EST 2002

ddclient can get the outside-world side IP address from any of: a local
network interface (like ppp0), web based IP detection, Watchguard's SOHO
router, Netopia's R910 router, SMC's Barricade broadband router,
Netgear's RT3xx router, Linksys' broadband routers, MaxGate's UGATE-3x00
routers, ELSA's LANCOM DSL/10 routers, Cisco's 2610, 3com 3c886a 56k Lan
Modem, SOHOWare BroadGuard NBG800, and almost every other router with
user configurable FW definitions.

Unfourunately, querying most of the above hardware does require the
admin password to be defined in the ddclient config file.

Aaron