Solved: Determining far IP address of NAT/ROUTER

Aaron Smith - Sun Microsystems - Canberra Aaron.Smith at Sun.COM
Tue Dec 17 16:13:42 EST 2002

The URL http://checkip.dyndns.org/ will tell me my IP address, but as
Daniel McNamara suggested to me, using dynamic DNS would be less of a hack.

To use dynamic DNS have a look at http://www.dyndns.org/ , especially
the Linux/Unix client ddclient at
http://clients.dyndns.org/unix.php?service=dyndns as it has many
different methods for determining the IP address and may be able to get
it from even my Linksys hardware.

Thanks to all that responded,

Aaron.

--