Determining far IP address of NAT/ROUTER

Michael Still mikal at stillhq.com
Tue Dec 17 15:31:49 EST 2002

On Tue, 17 Dec 2002, Aaron Smith - Sun Microsystems - Canberra wrote:

> All I can think of so far, is to find some kind soul to host a CGI
> script for me that displays the IP address incomming HTTP connections,
> in this case a HTTP request from my workstation.

I don't think this will work. You'll end up getting the IP address of the
closest proxy to the web server. Then again, perhaps not. Try:
http://www.stillhq.com/cgi-bin/remotehost and see if it works for you.

How about doing a traceroute, and parsing the output?

Mikal

--

Michael Still (mikal at stillhq.com) | Stage 1: Steal underpants
http://www.stillhq.com            | Stage 2: ????