Which USB Modem?

Doug.Palmer at csiro.au Doug.Palmer at csiro.au
Tue Dec 17 09:42:53 EST 2002

> One modem I know of thats a hardware USB modem is the netcomm Roadster
> II.
> But they're expensive. Almost $200. Whereas the soft modems are about
> $80.

OK. Avoid Winmodems in USB clothing. I can do that.

Cougar offer a full hardware modem for $166 which doesn't look bad.
http://www.cougar.com.au/index.cfm?redir=/index2.cfm&QS=ID=33&PART=8815
That's $50 on top of a plain serial modem, though, which is a little
expensive for something which is likely to go phut in 12 months. But it does
give me the chance to play with something new. Decisions, decisions.