people with heads

James McNeill james at heague.com.au
Mon Dec 9 14:31:54 EST 2002

William HeagueI'm sure many of you are in a similar boat to myself wrt qualifications. I've got my head screwed on, and have been using Linux for about 5 years, but have no way to prove that to a prospective employer.

I've looked at CIT et al courses and I don't think I'd learn much from them, but you can't get a piece of paper without paying for the whole course.

Red Hat is now offering an 'Exam Only' way to get your RHCE (Red Hat Certified Engineer) qualification. Will be held on 28 & 29 January in Sydney brisbane & Melbourne. There looks to be one planned for Feb. in canberra too, but the site is a little scetchy.

http://www.apac.redhat.com/training/challenge/

-James