Hardware question

Jepri jepri at webone.com.au
Sat Dec 7 19:32:56 EST 2002

On 2002.12.06 22:51 Alastair D'Silva wrote:
> So, my question is, does anybody here have the skills necessary to fix
> switchmode PSU, and if so, what would it cost?

I think you can use multiple PSUs, if you can get hold of them.  I've
done this for intel compatible motherboards, at least.  Add a few
paperclips and you are cooking (hopefully not literally).

To get it repaired, try the usual cavalcade of TV and video repair
shops.  A competent tech should be able to spot the burnt component and
replace it (I'm pretty sure at least on VCR I had had a switchmode PSU).