PAM authentication against a Win2000 domain controler

Michael James michael at james.st
Fri Dec 6 10:34:17 EST 2002

It would save me maintaining passwords
 if I could authenticate against a Windows 2000 domain.

PAM has all the modules I need to check:
	admins can get in with normal unix passwords in a cutdown shadow.
	other users must still be in /etc/passwd
	and they must have a valid shell
	and their password must be accepted by the domain controller

Another site uses pam_krb5 but it just fails every time for me.

Anyone got this working?

I'm deeply suspicious of microsoft's implementations
 but anyone got any advice about the most robust,
 closest-to-a-standard protocol to attach with?

Win2k LDAP?

TIA,
michaelj

Michael James				michael at james.st
Network Programmer			voice:	02 6246 5040