What kind of laptop?

Bill Clarke llib at computer.org
Thu Dec 5 10:28:52 EST 2002

On Wed, 2002-12-04 at 22:34, Martijn van Oosterhout wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 04, 2002 at 06:11:33PM +1100, Bill Clarke wrote:
> > [*] from http://www.mac1.com.au/education/default.htm:
> > """
> > If you are purchasing on behalf of an educational institution, work or
> > study full-time at an educational institution or have a Bachelor's or
> > better degree from any Australian university, it is likely that you are
> > applicable to take advantage of our great deal.
> > """
>
> Wait a minute. Does that mean that anybody with a degree can take advantage
> of the educational pricing?

yep.  i just rang mac1 and asked.  all you have to do is bring in your
degree and they will photocopy it (i guess to get some rebate from
apple).
i have the current, unprotected, pricelist (open office doesn't like
password-protected excel files) which i can send to anyone who wants it;
the password for the file on their website is "gladstone".

cheers,
/lib
--
/lib: Bill Clarke  ResearchScientist CAPResearch DeptCompSci ANU .au
http://llib.cjb.net llib at computer.org  tel:+61-2-6125x5687 fax:x0010