PPP under 2.4 kernel issues

Steve.York at hpa.com.au Steve.York at hpa.com.au
Wed Dec 4 12:31:12 EST 2002

Hi,

I'm running a G4 Mac with Debian unstable and 2.4.20 Bit Keeper kernel

I'm having issues running wvdial under any 2.4 release.
wvdial connects fine, but when it gets to the authentication ppp exits with status 1.
The description of this status a quite vague.
I also have 2.2.19 installed, and it runs without a problem under this kernel.
Does anyone know of any pppd issues under 2.4...?????

Stephen York

IMPORTANT
The contents of this e-mail and its attachments are confidential and intended
addressed.  If you received this e-mail in error, please notify
the HPA Postmaster, postmaster at hpa.com.au, then delete
the e-mail.

This footnote also confirms that this e-mail message has been swept for
the presence of computer viruses by MimeSweeper.  Before opening or
using any attachments, check them for viruses and defects.

Our liability is limited to resupplying any affected attachments.

HPA collects personal information to provide and market our services.
For more information about use, disclosure and access see our Privacy
Policy at www.hpa.com.au