Laptop help

Hamilton, James James.Hamilton at cit.act.edu.au
Tue Dec 3 17:44:33 EST 2002

Hi

I have decided that I deserve a nice Xmas present and am going to buy myself
a laptop. However I refuse to pay for an OS that I will bin as soon as I
unwrap it. Preliminary discussions with Dell and Compaq have indicated that
they will not sell me a laptop without an m$ license attached (for several
humdred $$ no doubt!). Has anyone had success in buying an unencumbered
laptop lately?

I know Geoffery Benet from SA got a refund from Toshi. Does anyone know of
any recent wins that I can quote as precedence when it comes to the blue?

Cheers

James Hamilton