Redhat 8.0 install problems

Michael Still mikal at stillhq.com
Sun Dec 1 08:57:11 EST 2002

Hey,

has anyone actually installed the redhat 8.0 discs I burnt for them? I
just picked up a new machine, so I thought I would give it a try. Here's
my experiences in brief:

 - boot off cd, and it asks if you want to verify the installation media
 - I said yes
 - partition and stuff like that
 - it fails to read the zlib package and I get a unhandled python
exception
 - reboot

 - boot off cd
 - do everything the same
 - it fails to read some other package, and I get the exception and reboot

 - give up and install 7.3

I've had no troubles with the CD drive before, and it's a new hard disc.
Are the CDs I am handing out defective (despite verifying), or am I just
cursed?

Mikal

--

Michael Still (mikal at stillhq.com)     UTC +11 hours