dumb question about fdisk

Kim Holburn kim.holburn at anu.edu.au
Thu Aug 22 17:35:32 EST 2002

Hi,

I have a disk which is running, mounted etc. and I want to change the bootable flag to another partition.  I change the flag then I have to "write table to disk and exit".  Will this destroy data on my disk?  I am suddenly reluctant to write the whole partition table just to toggle a bootable flag.  I can't find anything about this in the doco.

Kim
Kim Holburn
Network Consultant - Telecommunications Engineering
Research School of Information Sciences and Engineering
Australian National University - Ph: +61 2 61258620 M: +61 0417820641
Email: kim.holburn at anu.edu.au  - PGP Public Key on request

Life is complex - It has real and imaginary parts.
     Andrea Leistra (rec.arts.sf.written.Robert-jordan)