Upgrading my monitor - comments sought

Felix Karpfen felixk at webone.com.au
Wed Aug 21 08:14:12 EST 2002

Paul Bryan wrote:

> Service is the most important part. In this case, there has not been
> adequate service. That's what I look at. Every monitor is going to
> fail at some point, it's how it's dealt with that matters to me.

Firstly, I would like to send my thanks to all respondents.

And secondly I am acutely conscious of the need for adequate service
backup - especially as I cannot safely be let loose with a hot soldering
iron.

My instinct, before seeking the experience of others, was to settle for
a standard monster rather than the sleek, elegant flat screen ones on
offer - purely on the basis that they have been around longer and the
design bugs have (hopefully) been corrected.  The issue then becomes one
of "production quality control" and "service availability".

My Google search turned up LG monitors coming from Iran - which did not
sound right to me.  However, even if they come from Korea, it is of no
consolation if there is no local service backup.

And I am taking the liberty to add Paul Bryant's name and email to my
address-book - just in case!!!

Felix Karpfen
--
Felix Karpfen