installing debian

Terence Kearns tkearns at fastmail.fm
Wed Aug 14 11:57:02 EST 2002

Yeah I suppose. If you run debian you just have to accept that you need
to hack things to make them work. Nothing wrong with that in principle,
but it would be nice if it could install without a hitch on occasion (as
other distributions have been known to do).

The impression I get from the list is that it's worth the effort when
and if you can get it installed.

BTW. I sorted out the XF86Config issue :/
(not that I should haven needed to).

Now I have a working installation on vmware, I can tar it up and put it
on CD, so the next time I need an instance of it I don't have to go
through the anguish of the debian installation process :)