Debian 3.0 CDRs

Alfred alfred at mazuma.net.au
Thu Aug 8 13:28:03 EST 2002

At the risk of being flamed I would like to add a con to using Debian.
When I installed it (eventually, the boot disks kepts segfaulting during
install...) it was a bare system. To get Xfree 4.0 (for GL support) and
KDE 2.2 to run was a major exercise, with lots of hacking of apt config
files to make it work. In the end I gave up and reinstalled Mandrake...

When it comes to dependancies I like the FreeBSD ports system. "cd" into
the package you want and type "make", works like a charm every time :)