Debian 3.0 CDRs

Antti.Roppola at brs.gov.au Antti.Roppola at brs.gov.au
Thu Aug 8 13:20:48 EST 2002

Mark Paine wrote:

> The other great advantage to Debian is the Debian Policy which I think is under
> rated by a lot of people.

Probably a major factor in the general quality I have found in Debian. I think
the policy is just as big a thing as apt.

The other nifty thing I like is having security.debian.org in my sources list,
this, policy and apt makes it very easy to fire of a round of security updates
without too much worry about breaking things.

Thirdly, I haven't had a recent set of Debian CDs for a long time now. I just
install from a network boot image or an old CD set and install from the network.

Antti