XFree86 with OpenGL

Tomasz Ciolek tmc at dreamcraft.com.au
Thu Aug 8 11:38:25 EST 2002

run glxinfo and sww what the renderer is...

I had that problem with permissions for the DRI devices, so that MESA
was being used in softwarte instead of the ATI silicon...

regards
Tomasz Ciolek

On Thu, Aug 08, 2002 at 09:43:09AM +1000, Steve.York at hpa.com.au wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've had X running on my Debian PowerMac for a while now, and notice that tasks the use openGL seem to run really slow.
> The most signficant issue being with Flight Gear.  It takes about 5-10 minutes to load, and when/if it finally does, then the graphics are jerky as, and mouse clicks don't always seem to register, and I normally have to 'kill' the process.
> I have the Mesa drivers installed.  Is there some other configuration somewhere that needs some attention??
>
> It was suggested by a friend that there may be a version of X that runs accelerated on the Rage128.
>
> I figured that maybe my Mac's too slow, but a G4 at 400 mhz should be fine.  Tux Racer also struggles, which was the main indication that there's an issue with OpenGL.
>

> Any suggestions would be most appreciated,
>

> Stephen York

> IMPORTANT
> The contents of this e-mail and it's attachments are confidential and intended
> solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are
> addressed.  If you received this e-mail in error, please notify
> the HPA Postmaster, postmaster at hpa.com.au, then delete
> the e-mail.
>
> This footnote also confirms that this e-mail message has been swept for
> the presence of computer viruses by MimeSweeper.  Before opening or
> using any attachments, check them for viruses and defects.
>
> Our liability is limited to resupplying any affected attachments.
>
> HPA collects personal information to provide and market our services.
> For more information about use, disclosure and access see our Privacy
> Policy at www.hpa.com.au

Tomasz M. Ciolek	*
			* 	Everything falls under the law of change;
<tmc at dreamcraft.com.au>	*	  Like a dream, a phantom, a bubble, a shadow,
<tmc at goldweb.com.au>	*	  like dew of flash of lightning.
			*	  You should contemplate like this.