Optimizing SSH for low speed links

Grant Morphett grant at gmorph.com
Thu Aug 8 11:28:24 EST 2002

Hmmm, I don't know what your intended use for this link is but rsync might help.
I will certainly aid in keeping the number of bits going across the wire to a
minimum.  And if all your doing is transferring files then I would wager its
better then ftp.  Check it out.

cheers

On Thu, 8 Aug 2002 11:15:57 +1000 Barndon Daron scribbled:

>Guys,
>Hope this is not considered OT but a linux box will be on one end! (solaris on
>the other) :-)
>
>I have been asked to help with a project to get SCP (or ftp - I prefer ssh if
>possible) running across a 2400baud radio link (with PPP to a cisco router). Is
>there anyway to optimize SSH for this? This will be used to transfer files from
>remote monitoring stations...
>
>SSH works across this link but is _VERY_ slow...
>
>Hope someone can help me!
>
>Thanks
>
>Daron

Grant Morphett
GMORPH CONSULTANTS Pty Ltd - Solutions Outside the Square
tel : +61 (0) 421 325348
fax : +1 309 4164790