Installfest

Stephen Hodgman steve at namsys.com.au
Wed Aug 7 12:55:13 EST 2002

On 7 Aug 2002 at 12:35, Gough, Chris wrote:

> I concour that a general talk on Open Source would be good - Yesterday I met
> with final semester students about their "big project", and more than half
> of them wanted make VB / MS Access systems. I would be great to nip that
> sort of thing in the bud, most of the students seem oblivious to the open
> source world.

I know this is not really Open Source but...If they want to go that way then
a better choice would be Kylix.
http://www.borland.com/kylix/

Yes, I know it is proprietary but it is a *real* object oriented RAD tool that
is source code compatible between Linix and M$Win (Delphi).

Much better than VB anyway.
(No, I don't work for borland ;-) we just use it)
---
Stephen Hodgman               steve at namsys.com.au
Namadgi Systems                Ph. +61 2 6285 3460
Canberra                       Fax +61 2 6285 3459
Australia