ppp over ssh in windoze

Sam Couter sam at topic.com.au
Wed Aug 7 12:10:30 EST 2002

Grant Morphett <grant at gmorph.com> wrote:
> Ok, I have googled and I searched the clug archives cause I have a feeling this
> question has been answered before but I can't get a definitive answer on whether
> you can run ppp over ssh from within windoze the same way you can in linux.  I am
> fairly sure you can't but maybe someone has hacked something to do it that I
> can't find.

Don't do it:

http://sites.inka.de/sites/bigred/devel/tcp-tcp.html

My experience has shown that a PPP over SSH tunnel only works for a
short time before becoming very unstable.

Find another way, such as OpenVPN. All you need to do is write a TUN/TAP
driver for Windows. :)

http://openvpn.sourceforge.net/ports.html
Sam "Eddie" Couter  |  mailto:sam at topic.com.au
Internet Engineer   |  jabber:sam at jabber.topic.com.au