Strange root login problem

Brendan Henderson at Keogh's brendan.henderson at augers.com.au
Wed Aug 7 11:58:36 EST 2002

I have a problem with Mandrake Linux 8.2 in that I cannot log on with root
and root password (login into X window it displays login failed).
I can log in with a standard user account and then issue SU, enter root
password and do root type stuff but not login to a standard root account.
Any idea's.

Yours Kindly,

Brendan Henderson
Design, IT & Sales Executive