Installfest

Gough, Chris Chris.Gough at cit.act.edu.au
Wed Aug 7 10:37:47 EST 2002

Hello everyone.
I am teaching a UNIX course to Diploma of Software Development students at
the Canberra Institute of Technology. I would like to encourage these
students to delve into Linux. It's my first semester teaching the course, so
I'm not comfortable cutting proven content to make room for installing /
configuring a Linux box. That wouldn't introduce students to the communal
aspect's of Linux/Open-Source anyway. What I really want is to send them
along to an installfest.

So, I can provide the impetus for an installfest. I can also provide the
physical space (Bruce Campus). Are there any CLUGgers out there who might
come to come to the party? Any sage advice from someone who's organised (or
even attended) an installfest before?

Chris Gough.

PS. 70 students enrolled, I expect ~40 would attend. I can get a room that
holds many more...