Boot problem

Brett Worth brettw at cray.com.au
Fri Apr 26 14:21:31 EST 2002

Anthony,

I'm no expert on this but I'll give you my 2 cents worth anyway...

What you're putting into the C:\bootsect.lnx file still needs to be a valid
boot sector and this needs to have been created by lilo or grub.

Here's a clip from "info grub":
"

     grub> setup (hd0)

   This command will install GRUB on the MBR in the first drive. If you
want to install GRUB into the "boot sector" of a partition instead of
the MBR, specify a partition into which you want to install GRUB:

     grub> setup (hd0,0)

"

You probably want the second command.  The first one will overwrite your
Windoze MBR.

--
Brett