[rant] Re: debate about Free software for the ACT Government

Richard Cottrill richard_c at tpg.com.au
Wed Apr 24 19:00:18 EST 2002

Small, narky point: With a bit of work Windows installs can be scripted more
or less identically to UNIX installs. Arguments over Ghost vs. apt (and
similar) is comparing apples and oranges. apt vs. MS<software distribution
service which I forget the marketing drivel for ATM> is a fair comparison;
Ghost vs. Partition Image is comparing like with like.

My housemate runs Entourage on OS X; no viruses yet. He uses Microsoft
because "that's what came with the computer; so it must be more reliable and
better tested". I despair.

Richard