vector format to raster format

Brett Worth brettw at cray.com.au
Wed Apr 24 08:28:03 EST 2002

On Wed, 24 Apr 2002, Jeremy wrote:

> Looking for a combination of a vector drawing program, a vector
> graphics file format, and a converter to (any) raster format.  In other
> words, I want to draw in vector graphics, and then automatically render
> to .xpm as approprite for the graphics display I'm running on.

A couple of years ago I needed to script the generation of disk layout
diagrams and after looking at a few formats I settled on 'fig' (ie xfig)
format.  I only needed postscript because I was printing the result but
ghostscript could get you to a raster format.

fig to postscript :  transfig
postscript to raster : ghostscript

The 'fig' format is well documented and fairly simplistic.

Brett