Manual PPP Script How-To?

Chris Wallis walski at xis.com.au
Wed Apr 24 01:40:09 EST 2002

Thanks for your friendly prompt response Sam. I'm sorry that I've pissed you off like that......

Sorry to everyone else for getting this email. Hopefully end of thread. :)

-Chris
  --liOOAslEiF7prFVr

  Chris Wallis <walski at xis.com.au> wrote:
  > Just wondering if anyone could point me towards a how-to on how to setup=
  =20
  > and manually configure PPP and dialler in Debian testing

  Did you ask Google first? Top link on this search:

  http://www.google.com/search?q=3Dppp+howto

  > ... cause it doesn?t=20
  > have the nice pppconfig setup program.

  Did you ask apt-cache first?

  sam at krusty:~$ apt-cache search pppconfig
  pppconfig - A text menu based utility for configuring ppp.
  sam at krusty:~$ apt-cache show pppconfig
  Package: pppconfig
  Section: base
  Installed-Size: 93
  Maintainer: John Hasler <jhasler at debian.org>
  Architecture: all
  Version: 2.0.14
  Depends: ppp (>=3D 2.3.7), whiptail | dialog
  Filename: pool/main/p/pppconfig/pppconfig_2.0.14_all.deb
  Size: 26852
  MD5sum: 4cf20c32ddc0a1539b765eb82b702fb0
  It provides extensive explanations at each step.  pppconfig supports
  PAP, CHAP, and chat methods of authentication.  It uses the standard
  ppp configuration files and sets ppp up so that the standard pon and
  poff commands can be used to control ppp.
  Some features supported by pppconfig are:
    - Multiple ISPs with separate nameservers.
    - Modem detection.
    - Dynamic DNS.
    - Dial on demand.
  Task: dialup

  sam at krusty:~$

  You could have done this research yourself in a few seconds and had
  results faster.
  --=20
  Sam "Eddie" Couter  |  mailto:scouter at bigpond.net.au
  Debian Developer    |  mailto:eddie at debian.org