SSH toubles (SEC:UNCLASSIFIED)

Simon Haddon simon at sibern.com.au
Thu Apr 11 15:16:43 EST 2002

I remember that RH 7.2 chnaged the config file to use .known_hosts2 and
that they turn of the newer SSH 2 for some reason.  I think that if you
look in the config file you will see a line that enables SSH 2 with
RSA/DSA keys otherwise it continues to only use SSH 1.

On 11/04/02, 2:37:32 PM, Damien Elmes <resolve at repose.cx> wrote regarding
Re: SSH toubles (SEC:UNCLASSIFIED):

> "Chris L. Bird" <bird at apex.net.au> writes:

> > Jarrad,
> >
> > The only part that could be a problem is in /etc/sshd_config - the
> > rhostRSAAuthenication line try setting it to yes and see if it reads
> > from it.
> >
> > You will also need to setup a authorized_hosts file for no password
> > logons.
> >
> > I hope it helps, am not an SSH expert so can someone else confirm if
> > this is what he is after?

> Yes, that's basically right. know_hosts is merely for identifying the
crytographic
> signatures of servers. authorized_keys(2) is the place you put public
RSA/DSA keys
> in. and you'd almost certainly want that in your home directory, not as a
> site-wide configuration (permissions on the directories play a part as
well).