Open source e-commerce or membership database needed.

Michael James michael at james.st
Thu Apr 11 13:20:45 EST 2002

Dear Converted,

<sermon>
I've just come back from an encounter with the closed source community.
IIS, Cold Fusion, etc.  Wow, what an eye opener,
 standards of flexibility, reliability and security
 that would be a joke in this august community.
</sermon>

Which brings me to my question:

There was a lot of wisdom spilt on this list recently
 about the pros and cons of various databases,
 (most of which went over my head).

However starting off with a bare table
 and building a membership database record by record,
 form by form, cgi by perlscript,
 sounds a bit laborious and lonely.

Any open source projects that provide the basic functionality
 for organization members to login,
 update their address etc,
 even pay their subscriptions or conference fees (e-commerce)?

It would also be nice if it integrated with a listserver
 so the same login could be used to view and change mail-list subscriptions.

TIA,
michaelj
--
At pizza, I'm the bloke with the orange hair.

Michael James			michael at james.st
8 Brennan St			Phone: +61 2 6247 2556
Hackett, ACT 2602		Mobile: +61 4 1747 4065
AUSTRALIA			Fax: +61 2 6278 0011