Getting a static IP on ADSL

Howard Lowndes lannet at lannet.com.au
Thu Apr 11 11:03:02 EST 2002

Don't get confused between Bigpond Direct ADSL and Bigpond Broadband ADSL.

BPB ADSL is reasonably priced with dynamic IP. BPD ADSL is about 5 times
the cost with static IP.  BPB ADSL do have a residential and a business
plan.  The resi plan prohibits servers and has a 3gb cap.  The busi plan
permits servers but volume charges.

You can run servers on a dynamic IP if you use one of the dynamic DNS
hosting services.

--
Howard.
LANNet Computing Associates - Your Linux people