Getting a static IP on ADSL

Michael Smarsz Michael.Smarsz at transact.com.au
Thu Apr 11 10:45:48 EST 2002

>I'll need a static IP. Can anyone give me an idea of who and where I can get
>an ADSL link with a static IP at a reasonable cost? I can probably do up to
>$100 a month.

Take a look at http://www.applecomm.com.au

They will give you a 3GB (d/l) allowance with a static address all for as low as $65/month.  These guys use Telstrs physical infrastructure, but they have all their own equipment for auth/routing etc.  I'm yet to see a tracroute through from their customer network (I'm going to ask for some though).

Else, take a look at Netspace, they have a 10GB plan (3 peak, 7 off-peak) for $99.  I'm not sure about static IPs though.

HTH

Michael