Open source report writing tools??

Michael Still mikal at stillhq.com
Sat Apr 6 06:39:09 EST 2002

On Sat, 6 Apr 2002, Rasjid Wilcox wrote:

> Does anyone know of any good open source report writing tools?
> I asked this about a year ago (6-7 May 2001), but I'm wondering if things
> have changed since then?  (Different people on the list??)

Obviously I mis understand the question, because my instant response is
docbook works for my reports (as in hand written documents reporting on
development et al). If you're after APIs to build pretty tables of figures
based on your database, then you could have a look at Panda
(http://www.stillhq.com), which will happily generate PDF documents for
you.

Mikal

--