weird keyboard lock in X

Duncan Roe duncanr at optimation.com.au
Fri Apr 5 17:37:57 EST 2002

Doesn't Alt-F6 (or Ctrl-Alt-F6) get you a console after you've logged out X?

When X is running normally, Ctrl-Alt-F6 *should* get you a console, assuming
/etc/inittab enables TTY6 at your runlevel - that used to be standard practice.

(If Ctrl-Alt-F6 gets you a console, Alt-F7 probably gets you back to X, or
some number of Alt-right_or_leftarrows should).

Hmm - might be worth being a little careful the first time you try this.

Cheers ... Duncan.