Linux Tools for rebuilding a FAT16 or FAT32 file system

Steve Jenkin sjenkin at pcug.org.au
Thu Apr 4 13:54:08 EST 2002

Jeremy [and the clug list]

Thanks for your replies and helpful comments.  Sorry for being quiet - I
posted the message before going away at Easter & am just back - but have
to go off again tomorrow for a couple of weeks.  I will repost with more
info when I am back in town more reliably...

I don't know exactly what happened to my nephews disk drive - I heard
some story of getting a virus from the Net whilst he was writing his
assingments.  I will pursue this a bit more.

He _did_ try Nortons' Tools to recover his disk - the 'recovery disk'
failed - I gather there was an error message, but don't know what.

He gave the drive to the support staff at Uni - they were unable to do
better than he, but I suspect they just ran Nortons' alone.

Thanks all for your help and persevering with me ;-)  Will get more
info.

cheers
sj

--