asp, squid proxy error

Simon Haddon simon at sibern.com.au
Wed Sep 12 06:41:40 EST 2001

Hi Steve,

I know this is not an answer but it might help.  I have a linux server
with win98 desktops I also use Squid 2.4 stable and I have no problems
viewing the pages.  From what you have described, the only difference is
that you are using a 5.5 of ie (yes it does have some problems) and that
adzapper program.

Cheers,
Simon
Simon Haddon, E-mail: simon at sibern.com.au
Sibern Solutions Pty Ltd, 38 Beasley St, Pearce, ACT 2607
Tel: 02, 62864500, Fax: 02, 62864526

On 11/09/01, 5:24:53 PM, Stephen Granger <linux-boy at acenet.com.au> wrote
regarding asp, squid proxy error:

> Hi all,

> this maybe off topic, sorry if I offend any true to the line, never
stray, complete linux users. :-P

> I'm having trouble viewing a webpage through a number of browsers, EI
5.5/win32, mozilla 9.3, Netscape 6.1/win32, Netscape 4.77/win32 . When I
try and view a website, www.screentechnics.com.au , specifically,
www.screentechnics.com.au/commercial/side.asp , follow the commercial
screens link from the intial page, I receive an error, Microsoft OLE DB
Provider for ODBC Drivers '80040e37'  .
> This only happens when I direct my web browsers to use a proxy server to
pass http and ftp content through. This proxy server is running SQUID
2.4STABLE1.
> Know that when I remove the proxy setting from the browser, the page is
able to show itself, no errors are reported.

> I've checked google, gives the microsoft tech solution... not what I
need, typical microsoft help/solution... never really answers the question.
(don't need to respond to this comment... :)

> Now I use adzapper, a squid redirect program with squid, I'm pretty sure
this doesn't have any affect on viewing the page.

> There is a cookie sent, in the intial instant, something which I picked
up on with lynx...

> www.squid-cache.org search has something in the FAQ about secure asp
sites... this site is not a secure site. Searching again gives nothing for
the above error, asp error, or the error code alone.

> As you can probably guess, I've exausted most of my possibilities, and
was hoping that some one might be able to suggest some other things.