A Powerbook question

Steven Hanley sjh at svana.org
Mon Sep 3 08:53:29 EST 2001

On Sat, Sep 01, 2001 at 11:13:46PM +1000, Tomasz Ciolek wrote:
> Hi all PPC linux users.
>
> Another question if I may. What is necessary to make a Ti powerbook sleep
nicely in X? I have gottent it to sleep (I have 2.4.9-benh0 kernel) with the
help form people at CLUG. However, despite my bets efforts, the X just returns
in a blan screen. How does one recover that to the pre-sleep state?

please use an email client that wraps the lines so it may be read with some
ease...

annyway, on my pismo I have the latest debian X release (from unstable)
4.1.0-2 or something and a very recent benh kernel (2.4.9-ben0 rsynced on
thursday)

X comes up fine, well it comes up when I opsn the lid and then goes blank,
however that is like blank screen after inactivity so it works fine when I hit
a key all ocmes up nice and works fine, I used to have some issues in X before
4.1.0-2 and always switched to console before going to sleep, but all is
better now.

Oh and make sure you have all the stuff in the pwrctl script in .etc.power
commented out and are using the latest pmud as it all works with out the crud
in the script (it is left over in the script from before sleep worked)

> Also thanks to Paul for the information about penguinppc.org. Does anyone
  know of an laterante site for benh, or perhaps an alterante email for the
  man?

well he may have some other place he will put them until it is online again,
email him and ask, his email address (kernelcrashing.org) is in all the email
he sends to lists (powerpc-devel, debian-powerpc, etc)

        See You
            Steve

--
sjh at wibble.net http://wibble.net/~sjh