sendmail & bind

Leigh Finch leigh at blueskyinternet.com.au
Wed Oct 31 23:22:50 EST 2001

g'day all,
	I know this is a little bit off the current topic of conversation but,
anyway.

I'm a bit of a newbie (8 months or so), but I'm having a little trouble with
two things, the first is that I'm having trouble getting messages delivered
using sendmail, what happens if  send an email to the domain, sendmail wont
archive it for retrieval, but if i send it to the particular computer on the
domain it will archive it for retrieval via pop3. I have set up bind,
although I'm not sure if i have made a mistake, I have put in the mx records,
but yet it will still not retrieve it.

the other thing is that i can only access sendmail using a loopback, i can't
use it's ip or hostname, and when i try to retrieve mail from another
computer, it is unable to do so. is there an acl somewhere in the sendmail.cf
file, if so, can someone give me an example using the class c network of
192.168.0.*, thanks in advance

and has anyone else had any problems with RedHat 7.2?

Leigh Finch
Merimbula