C[was G] LUG meetings

Brad Hards bhards at bigpond.net.au
Tue Oct 30 20:06:32 EST 2001

simonb at webone.com.au wrote:

> Bob!
> all of this sounds great to me:
> UML would be most interesting.
> Yes, i'd like to hear more about cool projects people are doing,
> of course we'd all love to hear about your linux port!
>
> ummmm, how about some kernel disection?
> being an audio guy, i have a particular soft spot for
> the scheduling code, but also the fs fascinates me :)
>
> Maybe it's not good cause not every one is a c coder.
> Still, flowcharts/handwaving would be a help.
> Well, what about a lang fest?
> I'd especially like to hear about Ruby and also Haskell,
> and would volunteer to demo some python magic.

I think it is important that there is a range of topics from fairly newbie
through to ultra-technical. Even if you don't know much operating system or
networking theory, Rusty's talks are still fairly entertaining :)
If there is some interest, I'd be willing to do a talk on ways to get involved
when you aren't much of a coder, especially in doing documentation.

Brad