VPN

Martijn van Oosterhout kleptog at svana.org
Tue Oct 30 10:58:00 EST 2001

On Mon, Oct 29, 2001 at 11:29:32PM +0000, Jeremy wrote:
> Also, how does the routing work?  I thought that VPNs are connected in a
> star arrangement, which means that network speed drops to 1/X for X
> simultaneous users.

On simple VPNs yes. However, there do exist VPN systems that actually
implement an ARP type protocol and allow machines to talk to eachother
directly, thus emulating a fully connected network. These don't work so well
with NAT but it can be done.

--
Martijn van Oosterhout <kleptog at svana.org>
http://svana.org/kleptog/