CLUG meetings

Matthew Hawkins matthew at topic.com.au
Mon Oct 29 17:34:35 EST 2001

On Mon, 29 Oct 2001, Bob Edwards wrote:
> Other stuff I would like to see includes: how to _really_ get DVDs
> playing on Linux (I can't get xine, vlc or mplayer to work properly),

I used xmps from FreeBSD ports, and it "just worked".  A friend couldn't
get it to work on Linux either (with xmps or xine) but after some
hacking got it going in xine, and proceeded to build debian packages for
the extra codecs etc.  (which I don't think can be distributed, but he
hates installing stuff on his system that isn't packaged)

Have a yak with jason at topic.com.au

--
Matt