CLUG meetings

Bob Edwards Robert.Edwards at anu.edu.au
Mon Oct 29 17:00:12 EST 2001

Hey, I'm not a "key player". That's Tridge, Rusty, Paulus, Stephen
Rothwell and the other Linux Pros/Kernel Hackers.

Anyway, how about a straw-poll on what people would like to see
discussed at CLUG meetings? FreeBSD might be interesting, but not
really Linux - is it? The PPPoE/xDSL stuff (which applies equally
to TransACT and Telstra ADSL) would be good to cover.

Stephen Handley has offered to do a talk on User-Mode Linux (UML) -
I would be keen to hear that one.

I could do one on porting Linux to the EzeNet TV (cheapo
consumer-oriented 486 box sold by Harvey Norman earlier this year).

Other stuff I would like to see includes: how to _really_ get DVDs
playing on Linux (I can't get xine, vlc or mplayer to work properly),
anything on nifty projects that people are working on, etc. Any
volunteers?

Cheers,

Bob Edwards.