Linux on _The Lone Gunmen_

Robert Cowood rcowood at optusnet.com.au
Sat Oct 27 04:49:02 EST 2001

its been on the show alot of times like when they hacked a plane (HAR HAR)
because it was going to be flown into the world trade centre towers, that
was the pilot episode, the media saying "not even hollywood could think of
this sort of terrorism" shows its lack of veiwers.

At 12:01 PM 10/26/01 -0700, you wrote:

>Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2001 18:09:12 +1000
>From: Matthew Gibbins <mgibbins at mindless.com>
>To: linux at samba.org
>Subject: Linux on _The Lone Gunmen_
>
>   Wierd,
>   Sitting watching a tape of last nights Lone Gunmen I noticed Linux
>   getting a mention.
>   The dialog went something like;
>   "What's he typing it's gibberish?"
>   "No it's Linux"
>   ???
>   Not sure how they made that connection, but the notebook even had what
>   looked like a KDE desktop.
>
>--
>  I'm not advocating that anyone take up emacs. Not even me: at my age,
> I'd be more likely to try bungee-jumping. It's easier, and has less risk
> of causing permanent brain damage.
>**  A posting on ZDNet forum

Robert Cowood
rcowood at optusnet.com.au

"One comes at us from the north with troops and tanks. This I can defeat,
The other comes at us from the west with pornography, divorce, abortion and
movies. This I am more worried about." - Gulbuddin Hekmatyar, early 1980's.

This email may be confidential and/or privileged. Only the intended
recipient may access or use it. Any dissemination, distribution or copying
of this email is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient
please notify us immediately by return email then erase the email.