re Transact and peer to peer.

Robert Edwards bob at cs.anu.edu.au
Thu Oct 25 15:09:58 EST 2001

OK, I did get a response back from a very helpful customer care guy
(I won't publish his name). He informs me that peer-peer will be implemented
in December (didn't mention which end of the month).

Andrew is correct in his description of how it will work. What he failed to
mention, of course, is that a Linux box can quite happily maintain two or
more PPPoE connections concurrently, so it will be possible for Linux users
to simultaneously be connected to their ISP and to one or more peers. Sorry
for those not running Linux (or other sensible O/Ss).

Cheers,

Bob Edwards.