How to setup Peer to Peer on Transact : (was Transact and peer to peer)

Peter Foley pjfoley at austarmetro.com.au
Thu Oct 25 12:21:50 EST 2001

Well I know there is a wealth of information for PPPoE on the net.  There is
a PPPoE AC Server for Linux available, I was playing around with it.

I am not sure what sort of computer you would need to have to support a Peer
to Peer environment (I guess it really depends on how many ppl use the
service), I am sure someone else with more Network/System Admin knowledge
would be able to give a better indication.

I would be inclined to say that the biggest costs from a set-up and running
point of view would be the costs Transact charge.

Who knows maybe it might be possible for Transact to provide the hardware
and such and someone with some know-how set-up the system for them.  The
reason it may not have been done yet is it could simply be that they have
not had the time (Low on their priorities).

Hopefully if/when it is set-up they could also include a FTP Server that
could mirror AARNet =p (and some other sites, maybe Linuxiso.org would be
another good one), I know that that would really half my download costs.

Peter