port problems

Blake Swadling blake at poblbonk.com
Wed Oct 24 19:21:02 EST 2001

i have a deb 2.2 machin here that wont let me irc as a normal user (it will as root hough). the error i get from BitchX is ...

Connecting to port 6667 of server au.asutnet.org [refnum 0]
Unable to connect to port 6667 of server au.asutnet.org: cannot assign requested address

to me this sounds like a permissions problem, but i have no idead where to start. i tried playing with permission on /dev/port but this was of no help. I have disabled my firewall aswell and this also has no effect.

any ideas?

Blake

Win32 Hiku

you file was quite  large