After the election...

Anthony David adavid at adavid.com.au
Tue Oct 23 23:33:39 EST 2001

> From: Martijn van Oosterhout <kleptog at svana.org>
> Sender: linux-admin at lists.samba.org
> Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2001 23:23:39 +1000
>
> Does anyone know if the dataset of votes will be made available to the
> public?
>
> I can imagine political parties would love that sort of data to work where
> all the preferences went and all that.

I was at the final reference group discussion/demo of the voting and the
counting subsystems and Phil Green said the the database would be available
to parties and presumably the public.

There is quite a lot of booth-by-booth data available for the last one along
with a spreadsheet showing the preference flows and candidate elimination
process. I got it off the website (which incidentally is a completely
non-functional IIS setup at the moment)

--
Anthony David

Gambling(n): A discretionary tax on those asleep during high school maths
http://adavid.com.au/
0xA72CE1ED fingerprint = EA1E C69E FE59 BBE1 AA4B  F354 BD09 9765 A72C E1ED